Sunday, July 13, 2008

Being left out (my first blog)

Ever feel like you are left out? I know I do. A few months ago, I went to a World Hunger event with my Youth Group and there were many bands from a couple of churches there. About half way through, I saw one band from another Youth Group setting up their instruments and there was only one person left sitting where the group was. How awful that must have felt, just sitting there by yourself watching everybody else have all of the fun. Just so you readers know, I am not a very popular person at my school, so I always wonder what it's like to be somebody very popular. At all school it's easy to be put into groups by the way you look or the way you dress. I always see that one kid that is at all peoples school, the kid who just sits at a table by himself. I'm not that unpopular, but I always wonder what it's like to be that kid.It's these outsiders that Jesus came to help the most. Luke 4: 18-21 says that " The Spirit of the Lord is on me, for he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor, He sent me to proclaim the captives will be released, the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the Lord's favor has come. He rolled up the scroll, handed it back to the attendant and sat down. All eyes in the synagogue looked at him intently. Then he began to speak to them. "The scripture you have just heard has been fulfilled this very day"It's outsiders like at schools, or homeless people that need to hear about God and His Son. I encourage you to help them out. If you see your friends making fun of an outsider, don't be like them! Help him out, try to make some friendly conversation, and if they don't want to talk to you, just walk away. Don't force them to make you their friend, it's them who will be sorry. If you do get along, that's great. If you become friends, that's even better. Invite them to your church or youth group. It's one of the best things in your life to help change someone's life, and you can be sure that God will always remember that you did this.So basically, help the people in need around you. I have tried more recently, not with much success, but I keep trying. I try to help my friends be better people to each other and well, other people. I know I don't always follow this guideline that I am trying to get others to follow. It's very easy to pass a poor person by and ignore them. But you don't have to give them money if it's hard for you, a simple hello or picking up something they dropped goes a long way. - N/A

No comments: